Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pop Culture

So first off I feel like I didn't introduce myself like I should have. So here's about me:  My names Kaylyn Chandler, I'm 18 years old, and I'm a true country girl. If I could spend my whole life outside I would.  I'm attending Richard Bland College getting an associates degree in Science with plans to transfer to Virginia Tech to major in forestry.

Now here's the stuff for class:
We had to read Felt Scene, it was about helping you write better, and helping you feel while you write.  I don't know about you guys, but I don't feel hardly anything but boredom when I write so I really didn't get anything out of the reading.  Well today we talked about possible topics we could write on in our Pop Culture paper coming up.  We thought of several good ideas to write about, but the two the seemed to stand out the most were movie ratings and country music vs. rap music.  With the ratings we talked about why movies were rated the way they were.  We said some movies were rated wrong, like the hunger games.  They showed people getting killed right on screen, we said it should have been rated R.  When we talked about the difference in country vs. rap it was a free for all.  Now i mainly listen to country, but I'll listen to rap too.  We said how country and rap could talk about the same thing, but the way they talk about them are so different.  In a rap song they'd say they're gonna go f*** that p**** all f***** night, but in a country song they'd say they were gonna take the girl home and make love to her all night.  In my opinion country music seems to not be as vulgar as rap music, but that's just my opinion.

2 comments:

  1. You and me are the same the only thing i feel when i write is bordem and sorrow, and i agree with you Country is not as vulgar. Me personally i like listening to both country and rap they both sound good to me and i enjoy listening to either one while driving

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that Rap is more vulgar, I'm looking forward to your pop culture paper if that is the topic you choose to write about

    ReplyDelete